Judge Brett Kavanaugh was clearly the top choice for the vacancy on the Supreme Court of the United States. Judge Kavanaugh served on the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
He is a known conservative but has constitution of the United States on his mind. His job is to make sure that the constitution is upheld and followed by all areas of government.
Choosing the next Supreme Court Justice of the United States really is the biggest job that the President has to do.
It will affect things in the country for decades to come.
Why Did the President Choose Judge Brett Kavanaugh
There are some that claim that a judge has political views that affect his or her interpretation of law and the constitution.
This is the claim of people that have opposed Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.
The President has alluded to the fact that a judge’s political views should not matter. President Trump is quoted as saying, “Judge Kavanaugh has impeccable credentials, unsurpassed qualifications, and a proven commitment to equal justice under the law. … There is no one in America more qualified for this position, and no one ore deserving.”
So what are Judge Kavanaugh’s credentials?
- Judge Brett Kavanaugh has been given by the American Bar Association a well-qualified rating which is the highest he can receive.
- For over 12 years the Judge as served on the United States Court of Appeals for D.C. This court circuit is thought to be the second highest court in the nation.
- He has more than 2,000 court cases and 300 opinions in his past. This kind of exposure has given him the knowledge and experience needed for the Supreme Court of the United States.
- He taught classes both Yale and Harvard.
- He has presented arguments before the Supreme Court. So he knows both sides of the aisle when it comes to being in court.
- He has held two White House positions; one as White House Staff Secretary and the other as the Associate White House Counsel. This gives him insight into other branches of the government.
- His track record has proven that he has an impartial take on the laws of the land. This helps him to be fair in his rulings and opinions of the law. All his rulings are based on law and not on what some claim to be his political views or his personal feelings to people that stand before him.
- Race is not an issue for him as he has passed verdicts in favor and against all nationalities. He is only concerned with upholding justice.
- He has coauthored a book with 10 other judges that deals with the issue of precedent and why it is important to the American people. He is highly sensitive to the issue of consistency as he believes courts should be consistent as possible.
- Judge Kavanaugh has been serving the public for over 25 years. Some of this service has been to tutor students, help the homeless, and be involved in his home church. He is also involved with his children as he coaches basketball and serves as a mentor to all the players.
- He has been a champion of equal opportunity as many of his female clerks have served as clerk to the Supreme Court, he supports female lawyers, and promotes ethnic equality in the workplace.
- He holds that there should be separation of powers between the branches of government. He supports a wide range of executive powers that are given to the President of the United States. This keeps one branch of government from controlling another important branch.
Judge Brett Kavanaugh more than meets the qualifications of what one would think a Supreme Court Justice should have.
President Trump has his reasons as to why he chose him as the next Supreme Court Justice.
He is highly qualified and fair in his judgments.
The liberal left has tried to discredit Judge Kavanaugh and has tried to prove that he is not the right person for this important job.
What has been discovered is that he is a man of character and more than qualified to serve the people of the United States in this capacity.